I was thinking about all the creatures that I have living around me. Some people never see any kind of animal/wildlife unless it’s domestic pets, or in a zoo.
We have seen/have:
- Great crested newt (2 seen in the house, 1 out in the car-port).
- Wild rabbits
- An Owl
- Moles (recently saw babies in a small nest)(and saw a real one the other day)
- Field mice
- Rats (!)
- Of course: Sheep, Horses, Next door’s dog, our Chickens
- Crawlies: Earwigs, Beetles, Spiders, ladybirds, moths, many flys/midges [all in the house]
- Tonnes of birds: tits, jays, robins etc
- Killing a wild rabbit
- Seeing a chicken peck/eat a bumble bee/wasp
- Seeing baby birds fall out of nests/dead :<
- Seeing an poorly/abandoned mole baby – and family of other moles
- Robin flying around the house (twice)
- Other birds flying around the attic!