So I haven’t started noting anything about our wedding plans. Sept DIY garden wedding (UK legal bit first in the registry office but down-played).
So we have a host of exciting plans and bits of work/projects to do towards the event. I won’t blog all of them because we want some of them to be a surpise to guests and some might read this…
- Build a compost toilet. I have a site for a poo pit and a urinal pit and have started the main frame for the former. Poo pit will basic with an approach based on sprinkling cedar wood shavings. I’m worried about the loo-roll as an overhead. And needing to secure it to stop items being dragged out by rodents…..? Urinal will be based on wee-ing on a straw bale which can then nicely rot down.
- Move the chickens/pen. A new fenced area will be around the most recent shed. We were going to use this for chicks but til the wedding I think we like it as a store/workspace. The fencing will be higher to stop way-ward chickens (currently they jump onto the fence then jump down).
- Build a fire-pit and firecircle seating. To maximise capacity around it
- Decide on marquee/shelter plans including any construction
- Plan/arrange electricity run-out and music/lighting provision
- Plan/consider heating options (chiminea offered, could hire, other?)
- Obtain other freecycle things as needed – see below.
- Bins: for rubbish/recycling/drinks bins : Have 3ish so far
- Sink: to provide a washing up process outdoors
- Trestle tables: well, can ask – you never know what you might obtain
- Garden furniture: any benches, chairs etc
- Carpet: to create dancefloor-suitable-surface over hardstanding: have some offered to pickup
- Chimena/other heating options
- Garden flares/candles/other lighting