We may well be up and moving. After 3+ years we’ve been thinking for a while now about moving to the local town to ease the pain and burden of school runs and constant driving esp with the teenagers.
We’ve found a house including deciding to pay the price to rent a 4-bedroom so the teens won’t share. It seems v nice. Has a not-tiny garden although it does only have a tiny square of grass, a small raised bed and mucho concrete. It DOES have a reasonable shed that seems nigey-workshop worthy methinks.
So the manic planning begins as we wait to hear if all credit checks go through ok. Should know within the week.
So today I wanted to get started and at least evaluate what needs to be sorted from the nigeygreen/nigeybodge world. Already have a main idea but also took the opportunity to BURN BURN BURN mucho today!
It was a BIG fire. Felt quite sad and ceremonial. But I recognise the good things for the family about the move. I am not too scared of making a change or such a move, so onwards and upwards…..
- old freecycle wardrobe that was dying anyway as my tool store
- a-frames from the wedding sink holders or that had been part of a v old knackered bench when we moved in
- Wheelie bin full of v soggy decking – but the fire was SOOO hot it went within 20mins!
- Random tree bits from recent winds!
- Lots of random wood lying around inc some so so wet…. as above!!
- Take all potted items as originally planned (trees, blueberry etc)
- Take asparagus and build a new long narrow trough using the sleepers that they are already based in
- Store gardening tools with someone else until we get an allotment.
- Sell or ditto above the mower and strimmer
- freecycle the two sheds
- dismantle and store somewhere the large playhouse for now. Might convince grandma or might be able to put up at an allotment in the future.
- Chickens to be re-homed to a friends mum who is interested apparently.
will post again.
Funny how this sad area inspired me to post. I guess I feel I want to close the chapter here (literally?) Might start up again if we get an allotment.